Pages

Paypal

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Neurobro

Share this
I decided to do something useful this year. As my knees are still quite bad and i move around like an old man, taking very small steps, then i have a lot of time to focus on stuff that doesn't require physical activity. I have a goal to learn Spanish by the end of January. I have some prior knowledge of this language but not much, we'll see how far i get by the end of the month. It's quite obvious that i'm not going to be super fluent but good enough to read books in spanish, read news, express my opinion on different topics at least on a basic level etc.

Second thing i'm working on is my memory and focus. I use a deck of cards to remember the exact sequence, order of the cards. It should help with my visual memory as i use a technique that requires visualizing stuff that is associated with the cards to remember. It should also make my attention and focus a lot better. I also use numbers from 1 to 100, each has a visual cue associated with it and my goal is to associate those numbers with their respective visual cues as well as possible. It has to become my second nature, like an alphabet, like using a language, automatic.

I do memory training at least 2 times a day- in the morning and in the evening before going to sleep- to activate my brain before going to sleep- hopefully, doing so has extra benefit.
Some days i might take a brake to let the new information sink in and for the neurons to make connections and what not.



No comments:

Post a Comment